Eating Right and Exercising Efficiently are two Priorities in achieving an
optimal body. Plotting out an effective exercise plan of action involves
variation and progressive challenge in activity type and effort. Performing the
same exercises at the same effort yields minimal results. To perform to its
maximum capabilities, lose weight, or get stronger and lean without injury, the body needs constant and
Exercise should include ALL of the following on a 7 or 10 day
Resistance Training: twice in a 4 day period
integrated (total body exercises) with relative isolated exercises (single body
part, joint, region). Example: squat & press / arm curl.
- Learn proper
form by hiring a fitness professional
- Lift heavy, only what you can perform
up to 15 repetitions and then increase the resistance.
- Never repeat the
Long Duration Walking: twice in a 7 day period
- At minimum 1
- pick a destination, say a coffee shop, 3 miles away
once every 7-10 days
- Maximum effort for 15-30 seconds (possibly 10-100
- Always recover for 1 min after each sprint
- Under 20 min
- Find a school track so you have measured distance
Intervals: twice in a 6 day period
- Similar to Sprinting but
slightly longer duration and lower effort
- Jump Rope, Stairs/bleachers, 400
meters instead of 100, leaping side to side or up and down, kettle bells total
body movements like squatting-pressing or squatting and twisting.
'cardio' machines like the elliptical trainer, treadmill, cycle, or rowing
machine for 3-4 min.
- Modify weight/resistance training exercises into
higher reps with less weight.