1.5 lbs. lamb
1/2 tspn ketchup
1 tspn salt
1/2 tspn tabasco
1/2 tspn pepper
2 tspn fresh rosemary (chopped)
1 tspn dry mustard
3 bunches parsley
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup almond or quinoa flour
1 stalk celery
1/2 white onion
2 cloves garlic
2 bunches cilantro
1 tspn minced ginger
1 tspn minced garlic
1 tspn minced jalapeno
1/8 cup fresh lime juice
1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
Put all ingredients into blender, puree until smooth.
Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
Recipe courtesy of RIDGE VINEYARDS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place carrot, celery, onion, garlic, and parsley in a food processor. Process until vegetables have been minced, about 30 sec, stopping to scrape down side of bowl once or twice. Transfer vegetables to a bowl with flour.
3. Add ketchup, spices, pine nuts, lamb, egg, salt, pepper, tabasco, and rosemary. Using hands, knead ingredients until thoroughly combined, about 1 min. Texture should be wet, but tight enough to hold shape.
4. Roll mixture into 8 oz patties.
5. Season patties with salt & pepper.
6. Grill or broil in oven to desired temp
7. Spoon pesto on top as desired