Lets face it, you have more people telling you
the benefits of whole grains than people telling you to avoid them. You also
have a lot more people drinking soda than not, more people sitting on the couch
instead of exercising, and more than half the population is obese. So majority
does not always provide validity. It’s not about who’s saying or doing what …
its’ about fact and truth.
'All truth passes through three stages.
First it is Ridiculed.
Second it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident'
-Arthur Schopenhauer, German Philosopher (1788-1860)
Cereal Grains, or more commonly called just grains, are technically forms of grasses which we eat the fruit, or dried seeds. This dried kernel is composed of an endosperm, bran, and germ which we separate, or keep 'whole grain' and grind into flour. Cereal
Grains were a product of the Agricultural Revolution, some 10,000 yrs ago, and
made popular due to the ease to grow, store, form into many other foods, and
were responsible for the creation of permanent settlements and rapid growth of
many economies. The most popular ones consumed are wheat, barley, oats, corn, rice and rye which account for around 50% of the food consumed worldwide. Easy to grow, store, and ship, they are formed into thousands of food products. Although a staple in most people's daily diet, bread and the like, a closer look at the facts regarding grains reveals that they in fact are not healthy at all.
Here are just some of the facts regarding grains:
- Very nutritionally deficient when compared to other healthy Carbohydrates such as vegetables and fruits that it is absolutely pointless to
- Markedly contribute to excessive carbohydrate consumption resulting in elevated blood sugar (glucose) and the over production of Insulin
- Highly inflammatory leading to day-to-day conditions such as allergies, joint pain, skin disorders,
indigestion, acid reflux, high cholesterol, and inflamed prostate.
- Continual elevated blood glucose leads to more serious conditions or diseases such as Diabetes, Crohn's, and Cancer.
- Read the book Wheat Belly by William Davis MD
- The digestive process is hampered and the intestinal lining damaged hindering the absorption of crucial nutrients, promoting chemical sensitivities, and food allergies. Read More HERE
- Damage to the intestinal lining allows incompletely digested food and
unwanted chemicals to enter the system, mounting an autoimmune response.
- Incomplete digestion impedes bile release contributing to
- Inhibition of pancreatic enzymes
causes elevated insulin, systemic inflammation, and the potentiation for Pancreatitis, and cancer.
- Continual elevated blood glucose contributes to Insulin Resistance in the Liver leading to fatty liver disease and eventually Cirrhosis.
- Grains are highly addictive due to their rapid conversion to glucose and brain chemistry
- Grains create Leptin Resistance, which is basically your body’s ‘I’m not hungry
anymore’ mechanism, causing to crave more and more.
- Grains contain innate protective mechanisms such as Lectins which also cause gut damage.
Grains are actually worse because they contain more Lectins.
- Containing Phytates, grains bind to metals such as Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium,
and iron that are critical for human growth making them unavailable for
- Osteoporosis is a certain because calcium and other minerals are inhibited from absorption.
- Gluten is in Wheat, Barley, Oats, and Rye which up to half the
population is intolerant, diagnosed Celiac or not. Celiac Disease is very misdiagnosed.
- Grains are a poor source of Fiber, despite what conventional wisdom says. Fruit has 8x the fiber, and Vegetables 4x. In fact,
excessive insoluble fiber, especially those from whole grains, can cause damage the lining of the colon.
Grains disrupt the Omega 3 & Omega 6 ratio. Higher Omega 6 ratio leads to Systemic Inflammation.
Grains are made ‘popular’ by large ‘counsels’ with links to government
receiving large subsidies.
Grain farmers are subsidized by the government.
you realize that cereal grains were so bad for you? How many of those have you
heard before? Did your doctor tell about those at your last annual physical?
This information is readily available yet seldom talked about.
grains are yummy. I ate them, and I still like the occasional piece of carrot
cake. Crunchy is fun. Hot rolls with butter are tasty. The Trix bunny, Captain
Crunch, even the Quaker, (in a funky way), are cool, and a hot bowl of oatmeal
brings back nice memories of cold winter mornings in Canada. But, as the saying
goes: “The more you learn, the more you realize what you didn’t know.” Growing
up a drug-dependent asthmatic, red rash around my mouth, with serious digestive
issues, and not getting any real answers from the medical community, caused, no
forced, me to start studying the human body, how it works mechanically and
chemically and what it’s suppose to eat.
the Cereal Grains?
Grains are considered:
they contain that is so bad?
you live without grains?
See the articles: 10 Ways to Give Wheat the Boot and Eating Right
are naturally resistance to change and the ‘one-step-at-a-time’ principle works
more often than
READ GRAINS Part II