This is a delicious option to regular meat and tomato chili.
It is rich and thick due in part to the shredding of the chicken.
1 whole chicken
3 cloves garlic, minced fine
6 stalks celery, chopped
1 large onion, slivered
1 large spaghetti squash, peeled and cubed
1 small carton of chicken broth
1 tspn cumin
2 tspn hot chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
- Roast the chicken, cool, pull meat off and set aside.
- Boil chicken bones with just enough water to cover the top for 20-30 min to create stock
- Shred the chicken into as small of strands as you can. Set aside
- Saute the garlic, onion, and celery in coconut oil for 10m
- Add chicken
- Drain broth off of bones and add to mixture
- Add squash
- Add spices
- Simmer at least an hour